Saturday, April 24, 2010

Once Upon A Milkshake

I've read about this place from the food blogs i've been following, the refreshing, clean ambiance and the unique idea of selling primarily milkshakes caught my attention to visit and share high calcium drinks with my friends.

I've been here twice and I love how quiet the shop is on weekends.  It's a place where I would bring a good book,  sip my-milkshake-of-the-day and watch people come and go for take away. 


My favorite...

Agent Strawberry (4.5/5) - yummy, yummy, milkshake.  I'm always a fan of anything strawberry.  I like the enough sweetness and the grinded fresh strawberries of this drink.  What's so special about their milkshake is it's thick consistency but retains it's smoothness. 

Chocolate Truffle Castle (3.75/5) - If you're fond of sweet, strong chocolates, this drink is for you.  It didn't somehow worked for me as I was more of expecting dark chocolate-y taste (70% cacao).  I got a regular size and it's a-bit-too-sweet.  Nevertheless, same thickness and smoothness as agent strawberry and it's a nice, cold drink after being cooked for an hour in a hot yoga room. 

Spooky Mocha (4/5) - a friend was looking for that kick to awaken her body as she was also cooked in a hot room.  Thus, aromatic coffee beans with chocolate flavor didn't make her think twice.  It was her first time and she was surprised how thick her drink was and yes, it was also very smooth.  She wouldn't mind a stronger caffeine content (not sure if you can request) and less sweet.

It's worth a visit if you want a change from your usual ice-blended drinks around CBD. 


Price Summary (SGD)
mini (210 ml) : 3.30
reg  (360 ml) : 5.50


Once Upon A Milkshake
32 Maxwell Chambers
*Exit B from Tanjong Pagar MRT
Opens Daily: 11 am to 11 pm



No comments:

Post a Comment