Monday, April 25, 2011

TIME OUT: Me, myself and HT hubbie in Singapore (2011)

There is a saying, it's better late than never...HT couple wanted to greet everyone...

a Happy Happy Easter!!! :) A friend of mine handpainted this herself (thanks renza!)

Here in the Netherlands, we have the so-called Easter Monday or Tweede Paasdagen(2nd day of Easter).  Yes, you guess it right, it's our holiday for the whole holy week.

And the weather also gave us a very nice Easter warmth.  :) (Trivia:  This year was the hottest easter in the Netherlands since 1901)  How lucky can I be? :)

And blame it to the nice weather, I can't resist of being out in the sun so blogging at home became a second priority.  (You'll understand how sun is important when you live at this side of the world :D)

And with everything nice, I can't help but think about what I've enjoyed during my short trip in Singapore 2 months ago.  My 4-day trip became like 2 1/2 days as I was not feeling well due to the virus i got...thanks Phily. :)  Thinking about it might take a year before I get back to SG ...hmm..I just have to do these...

get up, close and personal with chili crabs ( i know you guys miss me too!)


klang style bak kut teh and pig's trotter - since this is situated near to our ex-home in SG, we paid the surrounding a visit and all the good memories came back...


since we're missing the restaurant week in NL, our friends (who's used to the virus in Phily), reserved this dinner @ Brasserie Wolf (HT couple's first time to try a restaurant week menu).  Thanks Majel!


of course, i wouldn't forget my favorite hokkien mee...(dream, drool, dream, drool, drool, drool)  If only there is an eat-all-you-can hokkien mee...I would be a good customer.

And HT hubbie made sure he gets a few pics with his love (after me, of course)...
this one showed his side of gluttony.  Having chicken rice and bak kut teh meal in one seating.

HT hubbie thinking: " Come to me baby" (showing off as well his chopsticks skills)

And even with the sore throat, I just can't leave this country without this...

suddenly i felt better.

We will surely be back my beloved Singapore!  And next time, i'll make sure i get a good dose of Vitamin C...or a huge bucket of Tom's palette salted caramel ice cream.

And this ends our asian vacation for 2011!  Now time to explore again NL and Europe food scene again...'till the next post!

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to see the both of you enjoying yourselves back here :) come back soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks PY! We will surely be back everytime we're in Asia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Charlene! Yes, it is! Boiled afterwhich you can start splashing your creativity. I didn't grew up in the culture of painting eggs, i guess, SG is the same, huh?

    ReplyDelete